I have all these ideas about this self care journey and I’m super enthusiastic about it. I want to tell you about my priorities and how I schedule my me-time and how I organise stuff and I want to show you the art I made and I want to do it all this very moment. And that my friends is my trap: starting with an energy rush, realizing it’s more work than I thought, getting tired and loose interest. And it’s not gonna happen this time, because this is important. So let’s start with taking a look at our schedules.
I will start by looking at the schedule I have right now. It’s not about specific appointments, it’s about how my days look on a regular base. I have weekdays, where I go to work and weekends, where I don’t have a big obligation. I’m not talking about making changes in it or if it’s good or bad. This is what it is right now and this is my starting point.
- 6.00-7.00 getting up, getting ready for work, breakfast
- 7.00 -17.00 leaving home, work, getting home
- 17.00 – 20.00 preparing dinner, eat, doing some chores
- 20.00 – 22.00 me time, obligations, appointments
- 22.00 – 23.00 us time, getting ready for bed
- between 8.00 and 10.00 getting up, breakfast
- 10.00 – 17.00 me time, us time, chores, obligations, appointments
- 17.00 – 20.00 preparing dinner, eat, chores
- 20.00 – ? me time, us time, obligations, appointments
Done. This is how my weeks look like. Approximately ofcourse, but this is my base. And I’m pretty pleased with it. There is time for everything that needs to be done in life. Next step is to make a survey of what chores, appointments and obligations there are and how I spent my me-time. The next, next step will be figuring out how important those things are and what changes I want to make.
Some things I notice about my schedule: I do schedule breakfast and dinner, but where is lunch? Us time is time spent with my partner, it helps me finishing my day, it’s too important to be intervened with chores (at least on weekdays). I don’t like doing chores in the evening. I already put me time on the first spot.
How does your schedule looks like? If you look at it without all obligations, etc are you pleased with it? Do you notice things on your schedule?