When you visit a country you have to try some of the local food. Same goes for virtual traveling, but instead of eating it at a restaurant I had to cook it myself. I found this recipe. It’s in dutch, I’ll give a translation.
- Slice 500 g leek small, press as much water out of it as possible. Add some cilantro to it. Set aside.
- Put in a bowl: 2 eggs, 700 g flour, a little salt and 150 ml warm water. Make dough of this.
- Flatten the dough to 3 mm. Cut circles out of it. Put a little bit of leek on the circle and fold it in half. Press tight to close properly.
- Boil water and put the pasta in it for 4-5 minutes.
- Slice 2 onions, 1 sweet pepper, 2 garlic, 3 tomatoes and 3 scallion in small pieces.
- Heat some oil and bake all above. Add 700 g meatloaf and bake it in small pieces. Add some tomato puree and 100 ml water. Add a can of red beans. Heat it for 10 minutes.
- Press 2 garlic in 200 g yoghurt and mix well.
To serve it you add it all on a plate. Enjoy!
It was fun to make the pasta. I used a brown flour. You better use a white. I liked the spicy taste of leek inside the pasta. And the sauce is just delicious. It’s not very difficult to make but it takes some time to make the pasta. I will definitly eat this again.